Tuesday 2 November 2010

Day 13: Being In Love

Dedicated to my yogi friend, S.S.Y

Taken with Nikkie 
London 01.11.2010 


I'm starting to notice a few things since I started this project:

1. Sometimes I post two entries on one day, to make up for the fact that on certain day I simply don't have enough time. I usually dislike that excuse, because if you really want to do something, you will certainly MAKE the time. This will have to change. No matter how tired or how busy I have been that day, I will spend at least 10 minutes on an entry. I need to discipline myself and stop making excuses.

2. What started out as an artistic project has also incorporated a lot of personal memories. I guess I have to redefine this project a bit. It's one photo per day, but it can be artistic attempt or memory-related, or anything that inspires me. The only thing is that the picture has to be taken THAT DAY!

***

For a while now, I have wanted to incorporate entries for books! Books are a big part of my life and the inspiration I get from reading is enormous.  So the first Monday of each month will be dedicated to a book that I want to recommend to you, my few but very much loved followers. 

The first book is called "Being In Love", it is my current "bible". It's written by one of  the very inspirational spiritual leaders of our time, Osho. Though the man himself had certain controversies during his lifetime, he was a human being and people make mistakes.  I appreciate his teaching, in which he uses a very clear and simple writing style. I have only read this one book by him, which happened in the area where I have weakness in. 

This book was recommend to me by an university friend S.S.Y,  who lives in the Far East. We met briefly through organizing an event while at Warwick. Our common interest in yoga has gotten us in touch again (mostly through twitter)... At the time of recommendation, I was going through a difficult time understanding love and what love really is. S.S.Y said I should read it so I went and buy it the next day (I also trust a recommendation from an yogi). I wonder what was going through her mind as she made the recommendation, maybe she felt the bitterness through my words. The book has not left my side whenever I have any doubt or negative feelings with regards to my "love life". Love life here is not just with my significant other, but with everybody. 

I believe everyone, spiritual or not, should read this book once. I think it will help us in the way we think about love, and how we love. It doesn't mean that you have to agree with everything but I am certain there is something you can get out from it. You can see that I have marked in all the pages I find helpful for myself. I have recommended it to many friends,  but many of whom I doubt gave it a chance... 

Ah! I just came up with a very good idea :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment