Monday 28 March 2011

Day 156: Nature's Chair


Monday Morning in Bed is probably the best feeling ever. Extended weekend.  Even though I'm feeling rather under the weather this morning. The thought of getting out into the cold send me chills down the spine. So I decided to take a much needed Monday morning off. Last week was the most manic and a whimsically fantastic week I have had in a long time. The weekend hardly swept my tiredness away despite solid 8-10 hour sleep. I can hear my mum say "such weak immune system", actually I have a rather good one.

This is probably sympathy illness. Yesterday I witnessed from the internet my W.H having his first food poisoning in NYC. It started off idyllic enough until he was consumed with pain. I heard everything that was happening in the bathroom (he lives in a studio and open-door policy was the way we show our affection towards each other, I'm still rather weird on the rules). The thought of being so faraway never annoyed me more. But I am getting better and better in stressful situations, seriously calm, 

All shall pass. All, indeed, shall pass!

I ordered him some congee. Due to minimum spend, a lot of other food for $20. Paid for by a London but delivered in New York. Globalisation and technology has never impressed me more. I have to say, the takeaway system in New York is breathtaking!!! You can get anything you want within a couple of miles radius. 

I hope we both get better today! It's only a Monday. But W.H has an admirable strength that he doesn't give himself enough credit for. He has never taken a day off work for being sick. He has only taken them when I was really sick. 

I miss writing a lot. I always feel my pictures don't tell enough stories. And I just realized the light has been rather dark on my daily photos. Don't blame me totally. Blame London, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment